Thursday, October 18, 2007

Swatch

I am trying a new swatch technique that I learned at Stitches East. Don't just swatch in St st or pattern; border the entire swatch in garter st, the zap your piece in the microwave. Yes nuke-it. First you must dampen it but then nuke it. It is just like laundering it, or so Judy Paschal says. I think that with Tony's sweater I will try short row shaping for the neck just like Judy taught me in the 'necklines unbound' class. I might have to revert to the old fashioned bind off if it does not shape out right. I will keep you informed as to my sweater progress.
I am also working on a Pink Ribbon Fulled Tote. I am thinking that the tote size is too big, of course you will never know until it is washed. I think that a smaller size will make more sense if I kit it. I would also like to add a purse scarf to the kit.
Knit-on.

No comments: