Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Knitted Bunny


How cute is this bunny butt???
I finished my Knitted Bunny and oh my goodness. If I would have known that he would be so cute I would have finished him the day I started! The pattern is by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer www.heartstringsfiberarts.com. It is a free pattern. I will make another one just a bit larger. Who could I make one for?


I am thinking this is going to be a great community service project for the Lowe's YMCA group.
Check out the way the ears curl! I slipped the first stitch purlwise on each row. My decrease was a SSK on the second and third stitches. This is just a slight variation from the original pattern.


I wonder what a bunny knit in Noro Tayio would look like? Maybe a felt bunny made from recycled sweaters??? Of course angora would be perfect. Alpaca is ohhh sooo nice. Oh my mind is going.

3 comments:

Tommy said...

I remember talking about this with you at my first knit night at your store. Great job!

Maria said...

It's all because of you!

Tommy said...

You are just too nice!