Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What to do

Anthony has an ear infection! This is a first in our family so I had to write about it. Of course he showed no signs until he could not hear me well and with in two hours was screaming! Straight to urgent care... I think this has pushed me into finding a local doctor! Now on to knitting.

I had to order more yarn for Tony's sweater. No shock there. Now we must wait. I am working on a 'finish' order for a customer. I think that finishing might be a great idea for the shop. I just have no idea how much to charge. Of course by the hour sounds logical but we all know that no one can afford to knit what their time is worth. And I know exactly what my time is worth. I have figured it out. My time is worth $84.13 per hour. I don't know anyone who is willing to pay $84.13 for an hour of knitting. So here is a question what would you pay to have someone finish a project for you? Or would you? Do you have a UFO? One that stares at you late at night? Remember the yarn you had to have 2 years ago that the color is just not right now? Or maybe it is a novelty yarn that will make you look like a clown? The project that requires tooooo much thought or counting? Did you mess up and just can't pick it back up and fix it. Maybe you just have the toe to finish on a sock? Fingers on a glove?

I am almost finished with my Dad's second pair of slippers. Just got to make the second sole. I am off to finish that before the bus comes.

No comments: