Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pollen

Then green haze that blankets the South has arrived. This means that many are sneezing and wheezing, and to those that are I am truely sorry. I am also sorry that I can not open my windows lest be bombarded with the spores.

While knitting at Three Goats Coffee and Espresso two weeks ago Kat asked if I knew what Shrinky Dinks were. This of course made me laugh since as a child I played with Shrinky Dinks and I tried to get my step-daughter to try them. When my SD and I tried them several years ago I saved two and have these wonderful pictures to share. One I was going to use as a zipper pull for Dominic and the other was a sweet little frog. Why a frog? I have not a clue. I failed to add holes so I have no clue what it was to be or if I just forgot. One thing I do know is they have been in my jewelry drawer for at least 6 years!



I have photos of my Garter-Banded Vest, finally. Both Dominic and Anthony took pictures for me. As you can see we are having nice weather. Gone are the cloudy, foggy, misty days we have had. I like the vest. I was disliking it beacuse I was dreading the sleeves. I think that the size will work good for a different vest with the addition of some waist decreases.

I know many of you are awaiting pictures of the 'grass skirt' but until I finish and attach flowers then I think pictures will be useless.

On another note the Lowe's YMCA knit day scheduled for April 18th has been cancelled due wholly to Healthy Kids Day. We will meet again on Thursday April 23rd 6pm. See you then.

Knit on.

1 comment:

Kyla said...

That was a great blog. Maybe the best one ever. Really. Good. Really good. It was amazing. You get better every time. Haha! ;)

Shrinky Dinks are awesome!! :)