Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Scarfs?

Have you been blown away by a scarf pattern recently? Well I have. Just as I was inspired by Scarf Style and Loop-d-Loop, Knitting New Scarves by Lynne Barr Has inspired me to consider the 'lowly' scarf yet again. Yes, neckwear is again brought to a new level. Upon opening the book I wanted to go the shop and get yarns. Dropping current projects sounds great but that is not gonna happen. So instead I am going to modivate others to come back to the world of scarf making. Buy yarn knit quick projects, Repeat. Make those sweaters, jackets & blankets later.

Of the 27 designs I have chosen 12 to focus upon and complete. I have already chosen yarn to complete these designs. I am going to attempt to complete 4 scarves a month, if this were the only project that I had this would be easy. Here is the list..... Shag, Shawl Collar, Tri Corner, New Wave, Drifting Pleats, Fringe, Circles, Carumba, Flapper , Reverisable, Striped Wedges and Labyrinth. Now if I could only think hard enought to figure out the Tony's Sweater deliema. Would anyone like to join me in a knit along?

Photos I promise will come soon. Check back.

I am off to look at Tony's sweater. Ok maybe just looking at it will not make the sleeves right.
Knit on!

No comments: