Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Winter Break

Well I am back from a visit to my Mothers house. I knit my dad a pair of felt clogs and of course they were too big. Knit and felt in three days! I could have done it in two days if I had not tried to knit late at night after driving for 4 1/2 hours in the rain-snow mix. I was just hoping to relax and enjoy the evening. I did relax and enjoy the evening I just relaxed so much that I messed up my count. Of course I didn't figure it out until one shoe was almost done. But I did figure out that it takes me about 4 hours per slipper to make. Not bad for a weekend project. I taught mom how to wash the shoes after I complete the second set and send them to her. I know that I promised to post pictures and I will do that soon. I have them I just have little patience to upload them.

I am having a problem with Tony's sweater. If I make the sleeves to the recommended length then Tony would have to look like a gorilla. I am knitting the sleeves cuff up and I need to cut out about 4 inches of total length. I am increasing every 4th row and the every 6th row I need to increase and then decrease for shaping to 99 stitches. Should I increase every other row the every 4th row until the correct number is achieved, then shape? Or should I rip out and start from the shoulder and knit to the cuff? I need advise.
I must get coffee to figure this out, but first I must take a shower and go buy coffee filters. And since the boys and I have been gone for three days they do not want to get in the car! Maybe I can find a Coke instead.

No comments: