Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas is done

Wow, I know that this year has flown by but I must admit I was glad to put away the Christmas tree!!

I was hoping to get a little more knitting done over the holiday break but not much was accomplished. Tony and I went to San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl, Penn State played and won if you didn't know. I was unable to finish his sleeves because I left the pattern at home. I did get started on the Evening in Eden using Universal's Eden Silk. Once again I love the yarn. The pattern is not difficult, I am just not use to working on a lace pattern. I wish I was creative enought to write a lace pattern! I am doing a 3 set repeat, I am going to work until this ball of yarn is used up-finish the pattern then ,bind off and add the fringe. I think this will be a great sample for others to view. To complete a whole shawl for a sample seems crazy.

I spent 4 hours counting stock at the store. Not an enjoyable event however it is completely necessary. I would really like to spend 4 hours knitting. I have other things that need to get done, like taxes. I am committing to spending 2 hours on sundays to get it done. That is 26 hours, by April. I only have 10 months of expenses to document!!! Arrhhh. I can't spend anymore time on taxes or it will cut in to my knitting time.

I am not going to tell you any of the thoughts I have running thru my head about what the new year holds I just am going to keep it to myself. I know that for some people talking about their goals will help them achieve them I just don't think that works for me. I hate to disappoint.
Knit on.

No comments: