Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bad Luck

At our last knit night the temperature in the house was well in the 80's! This, I found out today, was because the compressor on the A/C unit is kaput! I know I have just set regular hours but this Friday maybe difficult to do. I have yet to hear back from the A/C company about when they can get someone out to give me a quote. Of course the repairman could not give me a quote. I will need to get several quotes--I don't want to get ripped off, temperatures are expected to rise this week. I will leave a note on the door if I had to leave early. Everyone wish for mild weather next week.

I completed my Noro Taiyo vest this morning all I need are the perfect buttons! I would post a picture but with the overcast weather none of them has turned out good.

This gloomy weather is playing havoc on my moods. All I can do is yawn and want to crawl in bed until spring! I normally don't feel melancholy like this until January.

I have started a wrap for my grandmother. Lace weight silk and cashmere! What a soft hand! It is a little slippery even on bamboo needles. I hope she likes it. I guess that is a silly statment 'I hope she likes it', of course everytime you handmake or even give thought to a gift for someone you hope they like it. She is my grandmother, I love her, I want her to be proud of a gift I made! I want her to wear it and often. I would like her to wear it everyday.

Point of interest:
Downtown Mooresville is having a gallery crawl this friday night.
Huntersville's Amazing Maize is open at Rural Hill.

No comments: