Friday, September 19, 2008

Welcome aboard...

this crazy train I call 'my life'. If all other aspect of life don't slow me down, the current economy will. Financial markets are crashing, yet I knit on. I still have the notion that knitting will cure the worlds ails....well at least mine. Knitting will live on. You don't need gas to spin cotton or wool. As a matter of fact you can grow cotton, pick it, spin it, and knit with it and not need gas or electricity. Of course those things make the others easier and cheaper but it can be done. Actually the same is true of wool. Grow it, cut it, card it, spin it and knit it... all with out gas or electricity. Who needs nylon or acrylic? (Yes, sock knitters I know that you love a touch of nylon or elastic.) These fibers can greatly add to the durability of other fibers as well as aesthetics.
Here is my tip of the day....
Buy that beautiful hand dyed cashmere skein and knit your friend a gift that will last a lifetime. Enjoy your time with one of the softest fibers around then enjoy giving it, knowing that your love and talent is keeping them warm at night or just plain fabulous looking!
Just keep knitting or crocheting. Keep the fingers flying.

No comments: