Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yarn, Yarn and more Yarn

I think I need medication. I can not help my addiction to yarn. I know that there are worse things to be addicted to but I know when I die my kids are going to know that Mom was crazy. I know that they will think it anyway but the yarn will be the proof, as will the books and the scrapbooking. I am just a crafty person, with OCD, with ADD.
I was hoping to take pictures today but the weather is overcast and the colors just don't work when there is no natural sunlight. I do not have a photography booth. (Note to self: don't buy one just to take pictures of yarn.)
This is the first year that I am knitting Christmas presents. I almost finished with my Grandma's wrap. Next I am going to start on a pair of mittens. I am also going to start on a lap blanket. I don't want to say who they are going to because in the world of knitting things don't always get done on time!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Just wanted to say hi :) I had no idea there was a yarn store in Mooresville! I live in Troutman :)

Lisa
http://plathsadventures.com

Maria said...

Good Morning Lisa. Cables is not a 'full-time' yarn shop. I distribute yarn for Berocco, Lang, Brown Sheep, Purled Llama, Universal, Punte del Este. I had hoped to open a shop in a house I own on Perth Rd. But due to zoning problems I can not rezone that property. I hope to accumulate enough capital to open a shop late next summer. Call me if you want to see the shop. 704-281-1389 Maria Campagna