Sunday, January 4, 2009

We made it...

thru the holidays that is. The Campagna family spent Christmas in the Bahamas. We are back safe and we don't have wonderful tans like I thought. The Bahamas are located just off the coast of Florida and I was under the assumption that they were located in the warmth of the Gulf Stream allowing the water to be warm. That water was as cold as Lake Norman. The Bahamian people that we met were wonderful! I would consider a home in the Bahamas when the boys grow up. At least we would have some change in seasons. Next Christmas I think we need to head further south.

Now I must inform the following is depressing, for me at least. I am sorry to say that with further investigation Tony and I both believe that, in the near future the property on Perth Rd will not be able to be rezoned. After many months of discussion we had decided to find someone to rent the property since selling seems out of the question. We have found a renter that will be moving in at the end of the month. They are hoping to make this a long term lease.
I would love to be able to say that I have leased a commercial space to open up my dream. That would make my heart happy. But as we all know this is an investment and Tony and I can't make that commitment at this time because of the current market trends. Consumer confidence is at an unbelievable low and turn around is expected to be slow. This type of market does not make sense to open a shop that relies on expendable income. I hope this trend changes, and I can confidently open a shop soon.
I am working with the Lowe's YMCA to develop a time for knitting at their facility. I will be talking to Three Goats Coffee and Espresso to see if I can knit on a regular basis. I will keep you informed of those progress.
I will be offering yarn, kits, finished items and various art work at www.cablesyarn.etsy.com. Getting my inventory photographed and but online will take time. If there is something you need please just email or call.
Knit on,
Maria

1 comment:

Tommy said...

That's rough! I hate to see your hard work not pan out. I am saying that selfishly. I hope you keep the evening knitting possibilities open for a future howdy. Just keep me informed.