Wednesday, January 28, 2009

YMCA Knit In tonight

Good Day to you all!!!
Although it is misty and cold, today's ray of sunshine is coming from the Lowe's YMCA Knit-In tonight! Join me in making Chemo caps for Duke University Adult Bone Marrow Transplant Dept. If you missed us on Sat you missed 11 knitters-crocheters working hard to fill a need. I will take pictures tonight of all of the caps! At one point we had 5 knitters and 5 crocheters. The crafts both equally represented!
I am waiting to see what the opinion of my fellow knitter-crocheters and the availability of the Y to determine what the regular schedule is going to be. (I am a southerner and we can end our sentences in a preposition.)

I want to thank the Cool Beans Denver, NC knitting group for allowing 4 newbies to join their group. Tommy, Dena, Andrea and myself descended on the 4 original members like flies to honey! Great conversation and coffee to go with knitting. What could be better? OK yes we could have been getting massages at the same time but who would really be knitting then?

Is there any word or set of words that can be used to describe knitters and crocheters at the same time? I am looking for suggestions so that I do not leave anyone 'out'.

Knit on,
Maria

No comments: