Friday, May 29, 2009

What can a book do?

I am not a fast or efficient reader. I must read each and every work. Many times I reread details several times. But when I find a book I like I tend to read obsessively. So two nights ago I picked up my latest book, Friday Night Knit Club. It had taken me a while to read this one. I am not too thrilled about how quickly the changes from scene to scene happen, although now that I am three fourths thru the book I am use to it. I read several passages from the book and they hit home with me. It made me question if I can be a better me, mother, stepmother and wife. Can you be a better me and be a worse wife? I don't know how to be anything other that who/what I am. I have thought about this a lot. Can a fiction book truly change your outlook and deeply change who you are? Do you really want to change? I am hoping with the help of wonderful friend and a bunch of knitting together that I can come up with an answer.

1 comment:

Kyla said...

It was a good book. :) We will need to discuss the second one as we read it.

love you too. <3