Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dyed





Kyla and I have been busy. Hours of time have gone it to these hanks. Actually the dyeing did not take long. The washing/rinsing and rinsing/rinsing/rinsing/rinsing about killed me! Linda gave us this yarn and we went to work taking this undyed yarn to create these colorful displays!

We did not test knit this yarn to find a good gauge, we did not measure, we did not consider a project...we dyed! Of course we did not purchase the highest quality dye available on the internet. I went to Michael's and we thru caution to the wind. Squirting and slopping color every which direction! I will say that this mindless color application makes dyeing seem easy. But as you can see we offered the knitter limited options for projects. We will knit this in to something....just don't know what yet. I must have been thinking of my high school colors when I dyed the last picture----East Meck Eagles Blue and gold!

I could imagine dyeing more yarn, actually taking the time to plan out some elements. But right now I have more yarn to knit than I know what to do with. I am lucky to have a stash that takes up my entire office. I have only have 59 projects queued on Ravelry! I have 7 kits. And like most I have yarn that waits to become a project.
Let's not forget I have charity yarn I need to knit!

Kyla, does this count for me to take dyeing off my 'To Learn' list?

Knit on.

1 comment:

Kyla said...

I don't see why we couldn't take it off your list! It is yarn. We used dye. The yarn was dyed. :)