Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lace and Art


Here are two recent projects...
My first attempt at a full lace shawl. I have done lace. I have made small things but this one is the Icarus Shawl, made it Claudia's Hand Painted 4ply silk. Beautiful yarn, soft to the hand and the colors muted blues. I had difficulty in the beginning of each pattern repeat. Let's just hope this trend does not continue. I am getting ready to start my third chart one repeat. Kyla and I are doing this as a KAL. I like doing it this way. I stay motivated and I can ask or give help! We seem to be having difficulties at different times which is great because we both don't want to talk when we are trying to fix, find or decipher mistakes.

The other photo is the Three Goats Coffee and Espresso Free Form Fiber Art Project 2009. Kat started this project and is it not flowing very well. All of us look at it with a touch of dread. What do you add to it? But given the fact that most knitters are pattern oriented it is good to step to the dark side of free form.

The Lowe's YMCA knitting group will start off our fall knitting with charity work for Barium Springs Home for Children. Our first goal will be to give one handmade gift to each of the residents. We are in process of getting the number, age and gender of the kids. If you would like to begin and project that would be appreciated. Hats, scarfs, mittens, gloves are all wonderful projects. Make sure they are fun, soft, funky and 'fresh'! We want these kids to know that there are good people in the world and we are just a few miles away!!!


Knit on,
Maria

No comments: