Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jasper

I am currently working on a hat for ArtWorks on Main using Jasper by Berroco. I forgot how much I enjoyed working with that yarn. I made a vest-rib warmer and I am sure that if worn often it would pill so I decided to make felt hats. I am also teaching a class on Sat ArtWorks on Main. We will be making a wet felt scarf. I am excited! I have not taught a class of any sort is quite a while. I need to do this.

Work on the lace shawl has stopped due to a hurricane in my personal life. One that makes breathing and following a lace chart impossible. I want to finish it. It will be something that will be picked up in my quiet hours to come.

My next knitting deliema will be what to make my sisters and Mom for the holidays. My Mom does not wear scarfs and she feels silly in a wrap. I bought yarn to make her socks...for her birthday. Since that is in 9 days and I have not even thought about them maybe I will make them for the holidays. Now on to my sisters....that thought is painful. One has no idea what it means to knit something for someone...the work, thoughts that are woven in every stitch, the utter love. She might get socks too. At least I think she will wear them. Michelle...she is a knitter and would understand, I just don't know what she would like. How after all these years can I not come up with an idea about what my sister likes! My brain quit working properly last month. I unlike my sister Liz, can not blame it on a brain tumor.

My two closest friends Tonja and Kyla are both knitters. I will be able to come up with something for both of them...what? Cashmere! Cashmere what? Something to snuggle up to, something to keep them warm, something for them to be reminded of how much I value them. Thanks them. Love them.

No comments: