Friday, October 9, 2009

Swirl

My swirl of life has turned in to a hurricane. What could have been a harmless storm is now a category five. Destroying so much. Washing away. Is it leaving a chance for regrowth? or has it stripped away all of the beneficial nutrients required for growth? I slept thru hurricane Hugo, on the floor of a libary in a little town in South Carolina. I can't sleep thru this, as much as I want to crawl into bed and sleep the winter away I know the cold will creep in and wake me. Awake I do not want to be. The day after the storm was beautiful, at least the sky was beautiful. Big clouds still swirling away leaving the sun to shine. Everything else was a disaster. The trees gave way to the wind. The soil gave way to the rain and sea. I am now; all to aware how powerful these storms can be. What will I give way too? The wind, rain, or sea? I should hope the sea. That is where my heart is... in the sea. My soul longs to be by the sea. Hearing the waves crash. Watching the sun glisten. Searching the depths for the beauty beneath. Under the surface the overwhelming silence calms my thoughts. And now on land all I can do is hear my thoughts. Swirling. Deafening. I need to escape to the sea.

No comments: